International Student Check-In is easier than ever!
- Complete your simplified check-in form. Download the PDF to your computer, fill it out, then print it.
- Come to OISS with:
- Your completed check-in form
- I-20 or DS2019 document
- Passport (with F-1 or J-1 visa)
You must check-in in person soon after you arrive at UCSB. Failure to do so compromises your immigration status.
Check-in is a one-time procedure mandated by U.S. law governing the F-1 and J-1 student program. You must come to check-in, in person, to show that you have arrived at UCSB. You must check-in personally. You may not have a friend or family member do it for you.
During check-in, OISS staff will
- provide you with information about maintaining your student status
- review your immigration documents
- activate your SEVIS record
We look forward to meeting you in person!
Questions? OISS is your first source for immigration information and services for international students. For questions about the check-in process, contact OISS at 805-893-2929 or email@example.com