Not sure who to contact? E-mail OISS@sa.ucsb.edu or call (805)893-2929 and we will direct your question to a specialist who can help you.
If you have general questions about becoming a UCSB student, including qualifying, transfer credit, or the admissions process, please visit this page for help.
Assistant Vice Chancellor: Claudine Michel
|Student Advisor Lead Advisor: Cristina Carney
Student Advisors: Nicole Morgan, Carli Fowler and Erik Williams
- Questions regarding maintaining F-1 or J-1 student status, including deferring or extending I-20/DS-2019 program dates, requests to drop below full-time enrollment, on-campus and off-campus employment, especially the OPT application process, reinstatement of immigration status following disciplinary action or leaves of absence.
|Immigration Counselor: Tanya Plant
- Recruitment processes for permanent staff positions (requiring at least a Bachelor’s degree) or for tenure-track / full-time lecturer teaching positions, questions about the Green Card or Labor Certification or U.S. Citizenship processes,questions about completing or updating the I-9 form for a Foreign National hire
Employment-Based Visa Specialist: Kayleen McDonald
- Questions relating to initiating and extending Employment-Based visa categories, including H-1B, TN, and E-3. Inquiries regarding the Wage Determination request process to initiate H-1B visas and PERM Labor Certifications.
|J-1 Visiting Scholar (non-student) Services:
J-1 Scholar Advisors: Jason Hopkins and Mavel M. Marina
- Questions related to J-1 Visiting Scholars including beginning a new program, extending a current program, transferring in or out, travel and re-entry, adding new dependents, J-2 employment, J-1 health insurance requirements and compliance.
Cultural Programs and Marketing: Chryss Yost
- English Language & American Culture Summer Workshop, International Student Orientation, corporate partners